Today's Techie Readings
I'm steadily picking up Ruby and Ajax.
Mozilla's Ajax Documentation/Intro
- Ajax makes UI alot cleaner and simpler, but it's a pain in the rear to program. The problem is that you still have all the back-end scripting. You just have to come up with a ton of front-end scripting to interact with the back-end.
- Learn To Program (using Ruby )
- I don't think I'll ever leave Perl for Ruby, but I'm really enjoying learning this fully Object Oriented language. I really got into Ruby because of all the cool things I saw about Rails. ( I'm very impressed with Rails BTW ) But on the topic of these frameworks, it seems that PHP now has a framework put together. now you can have your cake and eat it too.
- Ummm. Is this really necessary? If the HTML::Template crowd like their Dot so much, just switch to TT. And I didn't see in the example if this dot notation supports loops. What happens if I pass it a retreive_all() ?
- Update: I see that loops are not supported, but a hack exists. Dot.pm
- Super cool photoshop tutorial