A Self Inventory
I get a sick feeling in my stomach when I realize how slack I've been at keeping my New Year's resolutions. In all honesty, I think I forgot to even make them last year. That makes me feel even worse.
<DejaVu> This year I'm really going to keep my resolutions! </DejaVu>
Some years, especially those while on my mission, I made and actually kept my resolutions. My excuse lately has been that I've been living in this frenzy of newlywed-dom (no, that's not a word). I do still feel like a newlywed in some respects, but for the most part I feel settled, I feel like my life has begun and I'm past the inital shock of being married.
My point is, this year I'm going to make some honest self evaluations and I'm going to set some serious goals/resolutions for myself. For now let me begin the brainstorm process by pouring out some of the areas I (can/should/could/need to) improve in:
- purchasing the computer software i use
- Strengthening my relationships with family members
- Spiritual health
- Physical health
- Increasing sources of income ( not having to rely on employers for my finacial stability)
- Finishing my education ( college )
- Serving those less fortunate than myself
- Increasing in depth and breadth in my technical skills
- Become more self confident
That was therapeutic. It's time to run home now. I'll ponder upon, regather, and finalize these thoughts in the coming weeks.